Another run-down of the main events that occurred across all theatres of war in a month, this time June 1915. Unfortunately I’ve not had the time to source photographs or illustrations but if you know of any, please link me and I’ll add them when I have time.
- The British Government announce they are to blockade the coast of Asia Minor.
- Przemysl retaken by Austro-German forces.
- Amara (Mesopotamia) captured by British forces.
- First meeting in Paris of Allied Conference on Economic War.
- San Marino declares war on Austria-Hungary.
- Third Battle of Krithia – part of the campaign in the Dardanelles.
- First Conference of British and French Ministers to co-ordinate war policy and strategy held at Calais.
- The first airship to be successfully attacked by an aeroplane (German airship “L.Z.-37”) was destroyed mid flight near Ghent by Lieut. Warneford, R.N.A.S
- Russian and Chinese Governments conclude agreement respecting Mongolia.
- First meeting of Dardanelles Committee of the British Cabinet – this was simply the War Council renamed for the duration of the Dardanelles campaign.
- Allied Commander-in-Chief in the Cameroons decides to abandon the advance on Yaunde.
- Stanislau recaptured by Austrian forces.
- Monfalcone (Isonzo) taken by Italian forces.
- Garua (Cameroons) capitulates to the Anglo-French force under General Cunliffe.
- Battle of Zydaczow begins.
- Battle of Mosciuska and Lubaczow begins.
- Turkish forces attack Perim.
- Battle of Mosciuska and Lubaczow ends.
- Third Battle of Lemberg begins.
- Second Battle of Artois ends.
- South African forces begin advance on Otavifontein.
- Dr. José de Castro succeeds Senhor J. P. Chagas as Portuguese Premier.
- Third Battle of Lemberg ends: city retaken by the Austrian forces.
- Battle of Zydaczow ends.
- Mr. Lansing succeeds Mr Bryan as United States Secretary of State.
- San Giovanni de Medua (Albania) occupied by Montenegrin forces.
- General Sukhomlinov, Russian Minister for War, removed from office.
- British forces begin to advance up the Euphrates.
- Battle of the Gnila-Lipa begins.
- Action of Gully Ravine begins – part of the campaign in the Dardanelles.
- Operations of the first advance on Yaunde (Cameroons) end.
- Ngaundere (Cameroons) captured by the allied Northern Force.
- First Battle of the Isonzo begins.
- Battle of the Gnila-Lipa ends.