I am aware that it is now 9th January and thus the year isn’t exactly new any more. In fact given everything that’s happening at the moment it feels more like we’ve just experienced six months in nine days. Which is … fun. Not.
However I am trying not to let myself retreat from the world entirely – hiding doesn’t pay the bills, for a start – so I thought I’d pop a quick post up in the hopes it might keep my momentum going. And also provide a little more accountability for my blogging this year.
All of which is to say that I’m hoping to blog at least once a week throughout 2021 and I have made a rough plan for what those posts will involve:
- A “A Year of Reading Frugally” monthly post discussing which books I’ve read over the past 4 weeks and which books have been added to the “if I was buying books I’d have bought this one” list. All of these will be grouped into the A Year of Reading Frugally category.
- A monthly post discussing my crocheting; what I’ve finished, what I’m working on, what I’m planning, plus links to things I’ve found helpful/patterns etc. These posts will be grouped under the Yarn Wrangling category. I may also be putting together a Yarn Wrangling page so I can start adding past projects to the website as well.
- Monthly Musings posts. They are going to be subtitled “This Sparks Joy” because the theme for these posts is simply anything I’ve read/watched/listened to/done that has lifted my mood and made me smile. This choice was born out of the answers I got when I asked you all what you’d like to see in the musings going forward, so I hope they end up meeting expectations!
- A Year in the Woods posts, which are going to be an attempt to broaden what I started on Twitter last year with photos of my woodland walks and to keep a log of the changing seasons and my experience of them. It’s also a foray into nature writing, which I do quite a lot of in my notebooks but haven’t really tried sharing before. So something new and, I hope, enjoyable.
- A monthly round up. This will go up on the last day of each month and do exactly what it says on the tin. Probably focusing on what I’ve been working on that isn’t covered in the other four blog posts and also my thoughts on what’s happening in the world (if I can manage it without resorting to swear words).
This feels, to me, like a good balance all round. The topics cover the areas that I’m spending my time on (so hopefully the things you follow me for), the weekly timings should ensure that I am not overloading you or myself with posts, and it will give a shape to the year in a way that I hope will be helpful.
I will also be putting stories and poems up on here as and when they are ready for sharing but I am not holding myself to any sort of posting schedule with them. This is mainly because the two stories I’m working on right now are destined for submission to anthologies and once they’re done I may go back to the novels for a bit. So I genuinely don’t know what I will have to share and when.
As always, if there’s anything you’d like to see on here, just drop me a comment and I’ll do my best. The next post, which will be a “A Year of Reading Frugally” one, will be up either later today or tomorrow.
Finally, I do hope you’re all doing as well as possible at the moment and finding some positives in the new year, despite everything. Sending as many good vibes as I can muster your way!